Weber Shandwick Jobs Worldwide
New York, New York, United States
Senior Strategist – Digital Channel Planning
New York, New York, United States
Weber Shandwick, is seeking a proven communications planning professional with deep experience in using the latest digital media analytics & data collection tools to lead the development communications frameworks encompassing consumer journeys, channel plans, communications architecture, and measurement for integrated media campaigns. This individual will focus on driving marketing goals via digital media channels for a Fortune 500 consumer healthcare client with both over-the-counter and Rx / vaccine brands. The candidate is passionate about understanding the consumer journey and media behaviors, recommending the right channels and defining role of those channels. The candidate is knowledgeable about the latest channels and and can make strategic recommendations on channel best practices. The candidate will focus on translating brand strategy into an actionable digital and social channel strategy and consumer journey.
- Develop integrated communications plans that solve for various communication objectives
- Distill research and data into logical analyses, insights and actionable recommendations in straightforward and simple language.
- Oversee a unique capability that leverages various data sources to identify communications challenges and opportunities for our clients, and determine the appropriate strategic actions necessary to accelerate or nullify those challenges/opportunities as appropriate
- Partner closely with analytics teams to establish KPIs, goals and insights on an ongoing basis, and distill those into actionable next steps for creative and media work streams
- Translate brand strategy and apply channel best practices to develop strong creative briefs focusing on the above areas
- Actively partner with creative and account teams throughout the creative process to ensure creative development remains on brief and on brand
- Actively stay abreast of developments with digital and social platforms to understand relevant new creative and media opportunities
- Actively participate in social platform workshops alongside creative teams
- Mine platform data, research, and intelligence reports for channel-specific insights and implications
- Prepare client presentations/decks that summarize insights and overarching channel strategy
- Cultivate strong relationships with staff, internal partners, and clients
- 5-8 years of experience in marketing/communications strategy and planning ideally within a strategy department/communications environment specializing in strategic insight generation for digital / social channels
- Experience developing & executing communications strategies based on an audience decision journey
- Strong background in using analytics tools & platforms to inform insights that direct strategies for clients
- Strong familiarity with digital platforms & channels with respect to how they impact an audience decision journey, particularly earned, digital and social media channels
- High level of comfort with digital platform-related research techniques and resources and insight generation
- Strong channel and content planning expertise related to:
- Consumer experience journeys
- Social and digital platforms including Influencer content (FB, IG, Twitter, Pinterest, TikTok, Google / YouTube, etc.)
- Data driven creative including message sequencing, automated creative solutions / dynamic creative optimization
- SEO and related cross-channel strategy + content implications
- Knowledge of Omnichannel strategy (.com, eCRM) and Ecommerce (DTC solutions, Amazon) a plus
- Deep familiarity with integrated media + creative best practices / ongoing developments related to aforementioned channels and platforms and how those can best be activated against
- Clear and compelling presentation skills
- Agility in working style – demonstrated ability to work against tight timelines and to work collaboratively.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.