Weber Shandwick Jobs Worldwide
Human Resources Coordinator
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
We’re seeking a Human Resources Coordinator to be based in our Minneapolis office. This role places you as a key point of contact to our employee population, and in support of all functions of the HR team. As an HR Coordinator you will utilize your strong customer facing skills to assist employees through payroll, benefits, LOA, and other people related questions and processes across the full employee lifecycle.
- Support the coordination of bringing a new employee onboard
- Participate in new hire orientations and prepare materials
- Liaise with payroll, finance, IT, to set up new employees in the system in time for start dates
- Schedule orientation meetings
- Be an on-going resource to provide employee support and troubleshoot questions
- Be well versed in the company’s benefits to provide information and support for staff
- Manage, schedule and track compliance on key new hire check ins to support inclusion and engagement of new hires
Engagement, Learning and Development
- Ideate, participate and support agency community building” programs (i.e. diversity and inclusion, wellness, knowledge sharing opportunities, etc.); own and drive aspects of key programs as assigned
- Actively supports and contributes to our diversity, equity and inclusion programs and actions
- Support the delivery of local learning sessions through meeting prep (documents, invites, technology, etc.)
Employee Relations and Performance Management
- Assist with implementation of HR policies and guidelines
- Assist in ensuring compliance with federal and state employment laws
- Troubleshoot employee questions
- Support the performance management process
- Coordinate the off-boarding process scheduling exit interviews, providing benefits info, processing paperwork
- Handle and document all employee status changes in systems (new hires, transfers, terminations, etc.)
- Process overtime payments for US employees
- Process fringe benefits for employees
- Develop and maintain organizational charts
- General admin support for EVP of HR as needed (meeting and/or training session coordination, document prep)
- Maintain employee files in compliance with federal and local guidelines
- Great at building relationships and focused on creating positive experiences for candidates and employees
- Extremely flexible, highly organized, and able to easily shift priorities
- Good problem-solving skills and able to thrive in ambiguity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required, a knack for creative writing is a plus
- Comfortable handling confidential information and able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and discretion with regard to all matters, data, and documents
- Ability to relate to the needs of employees with empathy and a customer service focus, even in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Strong computer, MS Suite, and Google Suite skills Exceptional follow-through and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, HR internships a strong plus
- Broad knowledge of general HR concepts, practices, and procedures
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Weber Shandwick is a leading global marketing and communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world.
We push beyond category convention, pairing data-driven insights with creative prowess to deliver game-changing ideas that earn attention and drive business impact. We have a deep bench of talent across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications.
Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.