Weber Shandwick Jobs Worldwide
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Weber Shandwick is more than a leading global communications agency – we’re an engagement agency. Our success is built on a deep commitment to our clients, our people, creativity, collaboration and engaging stakeholders in new and bold ways to build brand reputation and drive business results.
Weber Shandwick's Toronto office has a unique opportunity for a strategic, team-oriented Project Manager. Our Integrated Project Management team enables and executes world-class work in the smartest way possible. We are passionate about transforming ideas into results as we negotiate, organize and understand the ever-changing landscape of marketing and our clients business. We are looking for a passionate, problem-solving Project Manager who exhibits excellent communication and collaboration skills and an entrepreneurial spirit.
As a Project Manager, you will help develop and execute plans to allow our teams to create exciting work on time and budget.
- Owns key project management functions such as scheduling, scoping, resource management, and risk mitigation
- Facilitates projects with your Client Experience (CX) counterparts and develop client-ready documents such as Statements of Work (SOWs), schedules, briefs, and risk assessments
- Client-facing lead on all financial management issues; responsible for client and internal budget reporting in partnership with agency account lead and finance lead
- Professionally manages client engagements with a focus on balancing quality, cost and schedule while managing client expectations
- Partners with agency account and finance lead to help facilitate accurate and realistic forecasts; actively manages any forecast mitigation as needed
- Routinely monitors financial performance of accounts to maximize revenue recognition and profit margin, collaborating with agency finance lead on account
- Responsible for the development, review or oversight of all estimates, job creation, fees, burn reports, invoices and establishes team process for effective financial management of the account
- Primary agency contact for clients and client procurement relative to financial management of the account (SOW development; monitoring and tracking deliverables and budgets; change management and reporting). Partners closely with agency account leads and finance lead
- Creates or reviews all statement of work documentation for the team; accountable for top-down and bottom-up budgets to ensure scopes accurately reflect required work effort
- Knows when a change order is needed and works with account team to communicate the change proactively to the client
- Uses the right communication tools at the right time, understanding how to communicate effectively, and lean into your work with active participation in meetings and with your cross capability teams and on your projects
- 6+ years of professional project management experience, preferably in marketing, public relations, management consulting or an advertising agency setting
- Bachelor’s degree and PMP certification required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal team members across multiple disciplines and levels, instilling confidence and trust in your abilities
- Demonstrated skills in scoping, pricing, and scheduling projects from both a bottoms up and top down approach
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Effective negotiation and conflict management skills
- A self-starter and possesses the ability to thrive in ambiguity and fast paced working environment
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.