Weber Shandwick Jobs Worldwide
Senior Manager, Business Development & Marketing
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Senior Manager, Business Development & Marketing
Powell Tate – the specialty public affairs unit of Weber Shandwick, a leading global communications network – is currently seeking a talented Senior Manager to join our Business Development & Marketing team. We are looking for someone who is passionate about external communications, brand building and management, business development and marketing.
You will partner with colleagues across practice areas and our network to drive brand-building strategies and manage day-to-day business and marketing execution, in order to help shape our long-term positioning and success. In addition, you will support the agency’s new business function in Washington, D.C.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated history of building and executing high-impact, data-driven marketing programs as well as experience with external communications and business development for an agency or brand.
You should be able to build foundational marketing mechanisms, while championing big ideas on behalf of our agency. You will have a broad understanding of channels and tactics used in the enterprise marketing space, and how they work together to form a measurable, integrated campaign (research, thought leadership, content and storytelling, offline – events/direct mail, online – email/webinars/paid media/social media) that leads to increased agency visibility and, ultimately, new business leads. You will have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, as well as project and account management skills.
This role reports to the agency’s SVP of Business Development.
You will support new business and marketing relations, including, but not limited to:
- Shaping and activating integrated marketing plans to advance Powell Tate’s positioning
- Designing and implementing agency’s email marketing program
- Researching and securing executive leadership visibility opportunities
- Leading social media strategy (LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook) – including but not limited to sourcing (and writing) content, cadence and building engagement
- Designing and developing agency capabilities, marketing tools and pitch/proposal materials
- Administering and updating content on the office’s Web site page via WordPress platform
- Organizing and executing public-facing marketing events/webinars on behalf of the agency
- Collaborating on entries to key industry award programs
- Organizing the Business Development Library including keeping records up-to-date and transferring all cases/bios/credentials into new templates
- Tracking the agency’s New Business Wins and Losses via CMS system
- 6-8 years in marketing and business development positions
- Proven ability to take initiative, and think and plan ahead
- A “can do” attitude and the willingness to perform a wide variety of tasks required to meet the daily demands of the business
- Proven time management and organizational skills and an exceptional ability to pay attention to detail in a fast paced environment with shifting priorities
- Outstanding writing, presentation and communication skills
- High degree of proficiency with MS Office suite of products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to manage multiple projects at various stages simultaneously
- Resilient mindset, deep curiosity and a healthy sense of humor
- Familiarity with a wide range of social media platforms and community management and analytics tools including but not limited to: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, social platforms’ native analytics offerings, Google Analytics, CMS systems
- Excellent written skills across longer form content and PowerPoint presentations
- A clear communicator and persuasive presenter
- Ability to think strategically and proactively anticipate client needs
- Strong organizational, time and budget management and project management skills
- Ability and desire to quickly learn new systems and tools
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial
Powell Tate is the globally-recognized, premiere, DC-based public affairs unit of the Weber Shandwick network. Built for change, we are nimble, data-driven and led by people who understand fast-changing politics, complex policy debates, emerging cultural trends, the role of third party stakeholders and digital transformation. We know the motivations that spark movements. The issues that matter most – privacy, environment, sustainability, automation, food safety and healthcare. In short: What to embrace. What to avoid. What you didn’t see coming. We solve complex business, policy and social issues. We mitigate risk and build reputation. We shape opinions and build support for issues that matter. For more information visit www.powelltate.com.
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.