Weber Shandwick Jobs Worldwide
Account Director, Media Relations, Healthcare
New York, New York, United States
We Are Seeking
We are seeking a strong Account Director to join our Media Relations team within our Healthcare Practice. You love the thrill of the pitch, building relationships with media, and constantly immersing yourself in pop culture/trends. As an Account Director, you will have the opportunity to work on various top tier brands in various healthcare categories.
What You Will Be Doing
- Develop a strong understanding of the client’s business and target audience, and work with strategists and creative team members to deliver solutions that meet program objectives
- Monitor media outlets, understand industry issues that directly and indirectly affect the client, and analyze and distill meaningful insights from media coverage
- Generate story ideas and topic angles, draft media materials, and pitch media to land earned coverage
- Develop strategic messaging for clients and support creation of media plans and proposals that take an integrated approach to driving awareness with target audiences
- Leverage influencers (e.g. advocates, bloggers/vloggers and other relatable voices) to impact clients, their brands and marketing goals.
- Provide thoughtful recommendations for content creation and distribution across multiple channels to support paid, owned and earned channels
- Support creative ideation on a consistent basis
- New business management of mid to junior health media team members
- Participation in office-wide initiatives, seminars and meetings to further professional learning and development
- Actively participate in agency development and assist with new business
- Business Acumen– align talent strategies to drive business goals
- Client Service– client focus and ability to build trust and rapport across all levels
- Proactivity – exhibit relentless pursuit for new and innovative talent strategies
- Collaboration– build strong relationships at all levels across the organization
- Critical Thinking– ask probing questions; anticipate and address critical talent gaps and needs
- Conflict Resolution– possess sound judgment and savvy in navigating and resolving complex talent and organizational issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations
- 7 to 9 years’ relevant experience
- Media relations experience
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.