Weber Shandwick Jobs Worldwide
New York, New York, United States
About the job
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated mid-level writer/editor to work alongside our corporate communications team and lend their voice to major corporate clients. The editor will work with internal team members to develop and execute comprehensive editorial content strategies and manage the brand’s multiple social media channels. An ideal candidate will have a passion for creative humanistic storytelling and be familiar with digital mediums across earned, owned and paid media. There will be a focus on business, energy, science or technology writing.
- Generate and help produce thought leadership content packages (including — but not limited to — social media editorial calendars, blog articles, video scripts, and more). – Edit and help oversee editorial calendars — both for strategy and planning for social channels and website.
- Interview relevant subjects to inform short and long-form content.
- Develop concepts for social posts and draft social copy.
- Produce content in CMS such as WordPress and social media channels such as LinkedIn company pages.
- Manage analytics and reporting on websites and social media channels.
- Contribute story ideas – from pitch to execution – for multiple digital platforms.
- Coordinate with other departments and teammates, such as creative, media buying, social media, and more.
We’re Interested In Talking To Candidates Who Have
- 3-5 years of experience in an editorial capacity at a media outlet, agency or similar
- A creative mind with an instinct for good storytelling
- Social copy, community management and social media marketing are a plus.
- Experience managing LinkedIn corporate pages.
- Experience in day-to-day digital editorial-management
- Experience in business, energy, science or technology writing preferred but not essential.
- Familiarity and comfort with WordPress a plus
- The ability to work independently
- Positive, collaborative approach
- A desire to do things differently
- Powerpoint experience preferred
- Familiarity with using WordPress and CMS platforms
- Experience in analytics tools like Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics a plus
- Working knowledge of social media platforms
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.