Weber Shandwick Jobs Worldwide
Manager, Brand Planning
Chicago, Illinois, United States
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Best Places to Work in 2019 and was the only PR firm designated an Ad Age A-List Agency Standout in 2017 and 2018. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
About the Opportunity:
Our Chicago office is seeking a Manager, Brand Planning who can drive great ideas, rooted in data and observation, to engage audiences and deliver measurable value for our Tracfone client. They will be joining a top-rated, highly talented and collaborative brand planning team motivated to be the best in the business.
On the job, this person will partner with an integrated team to marry business objectives, diverse analytic methods, and human insight to spark and bring new ideas, sound recommendations and relevant solutions to one of our flagship clients.
They will make an impact through crafting and leading multi-faceted integrated, earned-first initiatives. They are adept at handling and interpreting multiple streams of data, synthesizing first- and second-hand research results and utilizing brand planning frameworks to develop sharp, actionable insight grounded in consumer truths. Naturally curious, they proactively identify new opportunity areas and tee up nuanced, context-sensitive approaches and solutions. They are an emerging leader capable of composing a cogent narrative and comfortably engaging with senior clients. This role is for a consummate team player with experience working within multidisciplinary teams and harbors a passion for developing junior talent. They write a killer creative brief and can provide work samples to this effect.
Candidates with social strategy experience and/or telecom or telecom-adjacent experience will be given special consideration.
- Part of a team that will drive a culture of insight and the optimal application of strategic planning, creative thinking and rigor into our client work.
- Drive integration of strategy and analytics into all client work in ways that inspire breakthrough creative product.
- Mine for unique insights and fresh/competitively powerful positions for clients that are built on cultural insights and human truths and ultimately inform innovative approaches to solve client’s challenges.
- Contribute to dynamic teams with creative, account and integrated media staff to develop best-in-class work.
- Ensure quality of insight across assignments and engagements.
- Practice innovative approaches to gather insights and measure engagement.
- Participate in industry events to help position Weber Shandwick as a strategic leader.
- 4 to 7 years of experience in strategic planning, preferably with agency experience.
- Demonstrable effectiveness in client interaction, building relationships and influencing deliverables.
- Possess a deep intellectual curiosity about culture, media and technology, and how they affect human behavior.
- Experience in earned and digital engagement (social, content, video, media, influencer) is a must.
- Experience in CPG and/or tech/telecom and/or social strategy would be considered a plus.
- Excellent presenter and persuasive speaker.
- Ambitious and motivated to make a mark.
- Engaging in their ability to tell a story based on data and hypothesis.
- A commitment to the highest standards of work quality.
- Self-motivated, fun, entrepreneurial, and curious.
- Collaborative spirit who enjoys building relationships and teams.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.